During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to make temporary changes to how we provided services in order to keep people safe.
We have a statutory and moral duty to publicly consult with our communities on these temporary changes.
The temporary changes that we propose to make permanent include:
- establishing a Central Access Point, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- opening an Urgent Care Hub as an alternative to the emergency department
- reducing the number of people in inpatient beds and providing more care in the community
- establishing a Community Rehabilitation Team to support those with complex psychosis and other severe and enduring mental health difficulties
- where appropriate, increasing the number of people being treated via digital methods, for example, video appointments.