Some service users are waiting a long time to be seen. For example:
- personality disorder – 302 weeks
- community mental health teams – 131 weeks
- dynamic psychotherapy –130 weeks
- cognitive behavioural therapy –104 weeks
- liaison psychiatry –103 weeks
- medical/neurological services – 90 weeks
In December 2020, 360 people had been waiting more than 52 weeks to be seen across the services.
These waits for assessments and treatment are unacceptable and cause unnecessary trauma for service users and their families and carers, and people often end up in the emergency department.