We have involved patients, service users, carers, staff and other stakeholders in a conversation about health services since 2014. Specific engagement on mental health services was undertaken between November 2017 and May 2019, adopting a phased approach. More details of this engagement process can be found in our Key Documents and Links section.
The engagement on mental health services included:
- hearing from more than 1,000 people across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- four week-long workshops attended by 84 staff, service users, carers and representatives from other agencies
- 48 face-to-face and online sessions with staff, service users, carers, local authority and voluntary sector
- 207 online responses
- more than 90,000 social media engagements
- feedback being used to co-design new services
- review of the new service models by the East Midlands Clinical Senate
- undertaking an Equality Impact Assessment to consider the needs of everyone with an interest in the proposals and to encourage them to get involved
Engagement with service users, family, carers, staff and stakeholders is ongoing.